- Tell about yourself
- Last project
- Questions on excel, VBA
- Difficult Situation
- SQL Query-Find the highest salary of employees
- what do you know about CRM?
- What do you know about product management?
- what do you think is the best advantage of agile?
- Can you tell me about a user story that you had to work on?
- how do you bring yourself to speed on an ongoing project?
- can you give examples of slicing a user story?
- How would you deal with two stakeholders who want to implement the same project/user story in different ways?
- how do you elicit requirements from a stakeholder who doesn't provide enough or adequate information on a project?
- Alternatively, How do you deal with a stakeholder who shares too much information on required specifications?
- how do you prioritize work then/how do you reason with them?
- What tools and technology have you used in the past?
- If you have to migrate data from legacy systems to the cloud then to the home DB and from there to UI/UX how do you do it?
- what analysis or process do you perform?
- tell me about yourself and how your career brought you here?
1. Explain your role in terms of a capital market project that you have done.
2. What are the data attributes of a derivative?
3. Explain the CDD project
4. What constitutes an FRD?
5. Have you worked in Agile teams?
- Example of a user story from your previous project
- Explain a situation where you had to push back against what one of the users wanted, which you thought was not reasonable.
- How do you deal with different kinds of stakeholders and their conflicting demands?
- The CRM platforms are used by sales traders, research analysts and financial analysts. You will need to learn what different users' expectations and needs. How do you relate to such a scenario from your past experience?
- Explain some of the challenges that you faced in your projects.
- How did you overcome these challenges?
1. My Introduction?
2.How much do you rate yourself on SQL?
3. Have you ever worked with UI/UX Developers.
4.. Explain me a project that you are involved working on the data side.
5. How exactly i created a Mapping document.
6. what was my role in the development phase. Did you ever explain the requirements to the developers.
- Can you give me a brief overview of the domain areas that you have worked with in the past 3-4 years.
- Talk something that you were doing in your last project, want to hear more of domain and finance and data aspects of it. What was the project about, what was the objective, benefit for the users and your role in that.
- What kind of data was it. Classify the nature of the data. Was it static data component , dynamic data and / or financial components.
- What were the key challenges you faced when you were BA in this project and what was your approach to handle it.
- Coming back to your 2nd project on WM based on web applications frontend to backend, can you explain the whole data flow, what the objective was. Talking in terms of financial terms can you tell me what was the objective. Later we can talk about your role in it.
- In terms of yours 1st project in regulatory reporting, can you take example of one such regulatory reporting that you were producing. Go from the industry point of view, what does that report actually mean, the utility and why that was instituted. And why Barclays as a institution was needed to that.
- In terms of any reporting there are always strict norms in terms of having any errors or non compliance . Do you have any example where you submitted any data or any report that was non compliant or had error. How would you go about analyzing and your approach on that and drill down into finding out the root cause.
- Do you understand how the various financial products work, like the equities options or the OTC options.
- Can you explain over the counters SWAPS. Take one example of such derivative of the product and then explain the cash flows involved and what are the exchanges involved.
- Lets discuss a scenario. You have a front office trading system which deals with OTC derivatives and other financial products and end of the day the position activity on a day to day basis. You have been asked as a BA to work on a project where in you are sourcing the data and putting it in a common repository and final objective is to generate various regulatory reports. As a BA you have been given task to chop down various steps/approach and onboard this new flow into the systems. You enter a room where you have the Business User In charge of the project, the compliance user of the trading system and the IT owner. What type of information or questions you would gather from these 3 different people that would help you build the overall approach and your strategy to onboard this new project.
- In the projects where you are trying to get mapping data and put it and reporting, as a BA what are the key challenges or risks that you will have to keep in mind ahead of time to see that there is no impact to the deadline or the functionality delivered or the time and resources.
- How comfortable are you in terms of data analysis specifically using Data Mining tools like SQL and all. Have you used in day to day job.
- When you are performing the role of PO/SME or as pure BA what are the key challenges you face when you are running in a Agile world and what do you do to contemplate them. What challenges do you face and you should be aware of.
- Are there any specific questions you want to ask about the role, the process or the project.
- Tell me about your recent project and how it is related to the requirement?
- Tell me what did you do take example of your recent project starting from gathering the requirement and what you do in terms of JIRA?
- What do you know about CAT?
- What is the trade life cycle if OTC derivative?
- Can you explain call option put option ?
- Have you heard of Allocation ?
- Have you heard of Population Logic ?
- Have you came across any interview with case study ?
- When you hear the word regulators what comes to your mind ?
- What kind of reports did you work on ?
- Can you give me example of the reports that you have worked on ?
- What are the Data attributes when you combine 2 reports ?
- They need a BA who is comfortable using SQL and knowledge about Capital market, who also does understand the regulatory requirements. Please make sure you frame your answer to satisfy the said requirements.
- Explain your project from domain perspective and then explain your role as BA.
- What was the architecture of the system from where you gathered data?
- If there is an error in the data that is been submitted , how will find out the error or what process will you follow?
- If there is an error in the report submitted and the Fed has come back asking for correction. Without blaming anybody how would you rectify the error and make sure it does not happen in future. How would you handle the management.
- Hypothetically if the business adds a new product and wants you to add that to the current reporting. What will be your approach to include that what are the details you will look for in the application?
- What questions would you ask the business and IT for implementing that application?
- What would be the user story for that application and what would be the acceptance criteria?
- What will be role in agile environment?
- How will you differentiate a bond and equity by looking at the data?
- Do you know the trade lifecycle? Explain.
- Do you have any questions?